~May I Be the Being I Know I Am~

Thursday, November 26, 2009

~Mystery and Miracle~

Reflecting on this day of thanks-giving, my heart finds gratitude for many things, so many things.  In fact, finding one object of gratitude, my heart sees the conditions connected to it, and gratitude increases.  Just to have eyes to see this world, how many mysteries and miracles had to come together?  To say that the whole universe is the direct cause of a single moment of joy in your life would not be an exaggeration.  It is said, 'One cannot pick a flower without affecting the farthest star.'  There is a reality to this statement.

Of all the miracles and mysteries I behold, that I behold is the greatest of them.  Our authorities- scientific and religious- offer answers of every color to so many of our questions, yet this one question they cannot touch.  What Am I?  It is also asked in the questions, What is God? and What is Life?  The three are actually one.

Knowing this, the mystic St. Francis of Assisi said, 'What you are looking for is what is looking.'  Our true nature, the Godhead, is a mystery and a miracle, and is ours to realize. 

Below is a short video from Mooji.  I have posted this before, and I want to offer it up again, as an incredibly direct and potent expression of the mystery and miracle.  Listen to his words from a state of detachment, like how you would listen to rain falling outside while sitting in your favorite chair...





My heart is struck and overwhelmed by gladness for all the light beings who guide us tirelessly, asking nothing in return.  May we use our human opportunity wisely.  May we be happy and free.

A Great Thanks-Giving to you all,
Eka

2 comments:

Nikki Sarno said...

sadhu sadhu sadhu


thank you for your inspiring words <3

Ann Christine Dennison said...

Thanks for sharing Eka :-)