~May I Be the Being I Know I Am~

Saturday, December 05, 2009

~A Healing at Ground Zero~

During my time in NYC, the impulse came to visit the World Trade Site.  This surprised me somewhat, as I had no personal interest in seeing the site.  It was just a non-issue for me.

So I looked into this impulse, and found the guidance to do a shamanic healing there.  This made sense, given the nature of the destruction, and the purpose of my visit to the city.

So that morning, I headed over early to the site.  Arriving, I began to notice chaotic energies (and this compared to the normal chaos of other parts of Manhattan).  I found I could hardly stay centered in concentration.  I walked slowly around the periphery, deliberately taking in the atmosphere, sensing into the wound itself.  You could say I was probing energetically.

Eventually, I made my way to the observation deck of a nearby hotel.  Feeling I had found the spot, I rolled a ceremonial cigarette, and began the inward journey to find a song and a feeling appropriate for this healing.  Now mind you, I had no thoughts that I was healing this large wound.  What I felt was that I was doing my small bit, offering what I could.

And as I said before, it was unusually difficult to drop into concentration and hear the appropriate song.  Eventually though I was able to do it.  I had to restrict myself to a single image, a single feeling, and focus on that with all my ability, and then the song began to emerge.  Allowing it to grow inside me, the feeling also grew, and I was able to see really what I was bringing down in that moment.  Putting bounded words to an unbounded feeling, it would be something like: 'May we know and see the true causes of this wounding.  Seeing the true causes, may we accept and forgive.  Forgiving, may we become something greater and wiser.' 

While I was singing this song and charging the cigarette, a tour group came and stood right next to me.  Leading it were two women, both of whom had lost relatives in the attacks, I learned later.  Finishing my song, I joined the group, which was just ending.  Feeling draw, I engaged with the two women, asking them about the tour group and the work that they were doing.  Pat, the one that seemed to connect most with me, had lost her son, a firefighter, that day.  We talked a bit, and I could feel her still-healing wound.  Reaching out with love and light, we walked and talked as we headed towards the firefighters memorial.  At one point, I took my leave to find the firestation alone.

Heading outside, I found the station and memorial.  I felt the steel  embedded in the firestation exterior...steel that had once resided in the trade tower itself.  I looked around, and felt that this was the space to offer the healing tobacco.  I sang the song once again, and began to blow the smoke to the sky, the ground, and in all directions.  I offered the feelings and words of the italicized statement written above.  I held the space like one holds a frightened child.  It was a very powerful experience.

As I closed, it was clear in a very strong way that I needed to fully clean myself, with smoke and breath and visualization.  I felt my resources somewhat depleted, and found myself walking towards St. Paul Chapel.  Upon entering, I collapsed on a chair there, and felt my energies cleansing and recharging.  After a half hour or so of this, I stood and anointed my chakras and palms with holy water.  Feeling like closure had occurred, I left with a prayer.

Truly, it was a very powerful lesson for me in channeling and healing.  I am glad to have had the chance to offer my small but meaningful healing.  Here also are a few pictures I took during the walkabout.









Love to you my friend,
Eka

No comments: