~May I Be the Being I Know I Am~

Saturday, December 26, 2009

~New Year's Revelations~ 

We are in a time of deep reflection and envisioning...the Winter Solstice, the celebration of the Tree of Life, and the coming of the New Year.  It is also, to me, the yearly rebirth of Christ Consciousness along our collective journey of spiritual evolution.

It is in this time of revelation and new beginnings that I share with you a great and beautiful shift in my life.  The shift is threefold: life, love, and location.
~

A short backstory:
Almost a year ago around mid-November, during a 3-month meditation retreat, something deep and powerful awoke in me.  Though I did not know the moment in which it occurred, I began soon after to see its effects.  In fact, the effects were everywhere, because this awakening had fundamentally shifted my cognitive experience.  One way I could put words to it (though inadequately) is to say that from that point on, my moment to moment experience of the world has been deeply intimate, inclusive, without separation.  To say it short: it's all one.

Though I know this process is not 'over' and continues to deepen and enrich over time, it awoke something in me that has fundamentally changed the way I move through the world.  Putting it in a question, 'If it and I and all are fundamentally always One, then does any essential change or growth occur?'  And, 'If no essential change occurs in the One, what is the motivating factor for being and acting in the world?'  To this, the clear and strong answer continues to ring out, 'To shine with true love for the upliftment and awakening of all beings!' 

Though this realization has been ripening and integrating more and more as time goes, this last year has been guided by an ease and a spaciousness and a freedom of heart and mind that I have never before known.  And because of this new realization, I have been moving through my own life in a totally unique way.  And life, reflecting this truth, has responded in its own unique and beautiful way.
~

And so to the New Year's Revelations.  In the course of this past year I have: 

(1) connected with a spiritual lineage and teacher that my heart can call guru without hesitation,
(2) seen with clarity my place and calling as a spiritual guide and mentor, and
(3) been blessed to find intimate kalyana mitta: a spiritual love and life partner. 

And what does this look like on the immediate level?  Well, by the end of January, I will be living with my partner in San Francisco, engaged in my vocation of personal mentoring and facilitating group practices and workshops.  I intend to offer myself to this service of mentoring as fully as possible, to all that seek it.  And I intend to sustain myself financially through this work.  Speaking of which, my new professional website is here, where I offer and explain my personal mentoring services.  Take a look!

All of this marks a new phase for me and my journey, and in every way it feels timely and aligned.  Life is asking me to jump, all in, and trust, and at this point in my process, I know I can and am doing so fully and joyfully.  There are absolutely no guarantees with any of this, yet how can I say no to the sincere guidance of my own heart?


And though there is no sadness or longing, there is also a part of me that recognizes and honors the paths not taken, especially in regard to my earlier plan of moving back to the Pioneer Valley and beginning my work there.  I have really been blessed with so many good friends over the years, truly lovely souls that have honored and supported my path, unconventional as it may be.  And I know a part of me stays in Northampton, as parts of me have stayed in India, Peru, Argentina, etc.  But it is also true that parts of these places and people live within me, and they inform and inspire me daily.

So thank you all for your friendship and support.  You are each an intimate part of my journey.

I will continue to keep this blog, bringing to you news of the west coast adventures.  Please stay in touch!  Also, the mentoring services I offer are direct and effective.  I mentor on a wide range of human experiences and processes, and I can definitely work over the phone, no matter where you are.  If you are interested to know more about these services, please check out my website, or simply email me at integralmentor (at) gmail (dot) com.  Entering into mentorship, clients not only receive essential understandings, techniques, and personal insights to evolve their own life situations, they also support me to continue this work of serving others. 

Light and Love to you my friends,

Eka Joti

2 comments:

california said...

The clarity of your heart path and the excitement in your voice brings deeper inspiration to my own path. WIth gratitude I wish you my sincerest best as you head west. Until we meet again, my dear friend, bring love and light to you and all who you see.

Dad said...

Jus,

I am so very proud of you for taking this next step in your life. I have the greatest faith in you that this will be everything you expect and so much more. I believe in you!

Love,
Dad